Student Workshops are held monthly and meet for 3 days from 8:45am-3:45pm, Monday-Wednesday, except where noted.
(Please arrive by 8:35am and bring a bag lunch. Snacks and water will be provided)
Day 1 Topics:
- Impact of substance use on physical and physiological health, family and community.
- Arlington Public School Policy towards substance use.
Day 2 Topics:
- Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI).
- Damaging effects of drug abuse.
- Awareness of the impact of alcohol and drugs in one's life and the possible consequences of further involvement.
Day 3 Topics:
- Consequences of alcohol/drug use, emphasis on refusal skills and identifying other activities to replace time spent using alcohol/drugs.
- Treatment options and self-help groups.